• Precious Agbontan
    I love how people interacted with my previous tutorial on how to choose the best platform for blogging. In case you missed my previous tutorial, I think I will have to give a summary of it.

Summary of my previous blogging tutorial:
    WordPress Platform is expensive to use but has all the features you need in a website, while blogger (aka blogspot) is free to use but has limited features to build a professional blog. Meanwhile, your passion can make you succeed on blogger.Precious Agbontan

wr2hyt1v5t7qb5rr.png

Now, that you know the best platform to start your blogging career, you can then proceed to learn how to create a blog or website on it. I will be teaching you guys on how to create and start a blog on WordPress, and Blogger platforms today.

How To Create A Blog On Blogger

• It's easy and simple to create a blog on blogger platform. Firstly, go to https://blogger.com.
    • Once you get there, you will be asked to "confirm your profile: by using either 'Google + account' or "Limited Blogger Profile". I highly recommend you to use Google+ account.
    • Now, create a Google+ account. Once you are done, you will be redirected back to blogger, kindly click on "Continue to Blogger".

cx3jsepvuwvr4673.png

• Now, welcome to blogger. Kindly click on "Create New Blog".

Setting Up Your Blog On Blogger

After clicking on "Create New Blog", kindly enter your details like this:

• TITLE: This is the title of your new blog. For example, write: "Newsprex Forum".
    • ADDRESS: This is the website URL of your new blog, it is what people will use to enter your blog. For example, write: "newsprex.blogspot.com". If your website address is already used by someone, try another name.

Note: "newsprex" for example is your domain name, while ".blogspot.com" is your subdomain name. You must add the subdomain. I will teach you in my next tutorial on how to make it like this "newsprex.com". Make sure you use your domain name address, do not use "newsprex", because I just use it as example.

• After writing your domain name address, then. choose any of the theme or template that you love from the list. Make sure the theme fit what you want to write about.

rloho91kvhbgj16g.png

• Once done, click on "Create Blog". Now you have successfully created a blog on blogger or blogspot platform.

How To Create A Blog On WordPress

Is also easy to create blog on WordPress but you have to know what you are doing. Moreover, there are two WordPress websites which are: WordPress.org and WordPress.com and some people don't actually know their difference. I will explain it in a layman way before I proceed, because is important.

WordPress.org is a website where the WordPress software is uploaded on. People can visit the website and download the software for free and host it. The software is free to download and after hosting the software, you will get your blog or website.

While WordPress.com is a website where you can easily host the WordPress software. Meanwhile, you can easily create a WordPress website on WordPress.com because is already hosted for you. If you create your website on WordPress.com, people will help you manage it while you pay for the upgrades.

Don't you want to own your property by yourself? Don't you want to be free from people's policies? Don't you want to have your house and build your blog without any disturbance? Then, you have to host the WordPress software by yourself.

There are a lot of hosting providers who will want you to host the WordPress software on their server for a token. I will name just one of them over here. In my next tutorial, I will give a clean and explicit details and review about them.

Best hosting provider that can help you host your WordPress Software is: "Hostinger". I recommend it because is cheap and very fast to use. Just one-click, you can install the WordPress software.

Why Do I Recommend Hostinger?

• Is fast and reliable.
    • Is one of the best leading website hosting provider in the world.
    • Free domain. You don't have to suffer and pay another money to buy domain name.
    • Free SSL. Your site is highly secured and you don't have to pay for SSL.
    • It's affordable and cheap.

You can buy your hosting space from Hostinger Via Here. It cost $0.80 (up to N300) per month and you are required to pay for 3 months which is $2.40 (up to N900).

Note: If you don't know how to buy it, kindly drop your comment, I will assist you.

After you have successfully purchased it, now login to your Hostinger control panel and install WordPress software as they will instruct you. It's just one-click and you are done.

How To Purchase And Create A WordPress Blog On Hostinger

• Go to Hostinger Hosting Website via here, and click on "GET STARTED NOW" to choose the basic and smallest plan. It will be added to cart.
    • Then, scroll down and click on "CHECKOUT NOW".

p31nwscr2261kty2.png

• Now, leave the payment method to credit card (MasterCard, Visa...), and create an account on Hostinger in the next page.
    • After creating your account, you will be asked to go to your email and verify your account. You will see a link from Hostinger in your email to verify the account.
    • After the verification, login to your Hostinger account and click on "Check Your Order".
    • Now, select "MasterCard, Visa..." As your payment method.
    • In the next page, you are to pay for the hosting with your ATM (credit card), this is how to:

Note: Make sure your ATM is MasterCard, and Visa. Please, do not use Verve. Payment is 100% secured, do not be afraid.

• Enter the ATM number which is 15 or 16 digits at the front of the card.
    • Enter the ATM Expiring date (month and year).
    • In the CVV, check the back of your ATM card, there is 3-4 digits code, kindly insert it.
    • Now, click on "PAY NOW" and immediately, you will be debited the agreed amount.

uxs79rggmd5ybjpd.png

Now, your cpanel and hosting details will be sent to the email you used in registering the Hostinger account.

Note: Your Cpanel is where you will be able manage and edit your website or blog server.

How To Install WordPress Software On Hostinger Cpanel To Start A Blog

Let’s start with the simplest and fastest way to install WordPress – Hostinger auto installer. The steps below show how to install WordPress on Hostinger control panel:

• Access Hostinger control panel.
    • Locate Auto Installer and open it.
    • Enter WordPress in the search field and click on its icon.

Now fill in website details:

• URL – The URL where WordPress should be installed. If you want to install it on root domain name (example.com) then leave it empty.
    • Language – Choose WordPress language.
    • Administrator Username – Your WordPress admin username. You will use it to access WordPress admin area.
    • Administrator Password – Your WordPress admin password. You will use it to access WordPress admin area.
    • Administrator Email – Enter your email address.
    • Website Title – The title of your WordPress website.
    • Website Tagline – A short sentence explaining what your website is about.
    • Press Install button.

Conclusion

This is just the basic step in creating a blog on WordPress and Blogger platforms. In my next tutorial, I will write on how to select the best niche for your blog.

Do you have any question, kindly drop it in the comment section below. I will give you a quick instant solution.
  • Ahmad sani
    About URL, can I write a www. E.g www.wapda.com without removing www. And secondly pls! Give me example for about website tittle in order to understand well??...
  • Precious Agbontan
    Yea, by using Hostinger as your Hosting, you would have already registered the domain name address (www.wapda.com) for free.

Now, you can use wapda.com as your URL on WordPress. Kindly remove the www.
  • Precious Agbontan
    Yea, by using Hostinger as your Hosting, you would have already registered the domain name address (www.wapda.com) for free.

Now, you can use wapda.com as your URL on WordPress. Kindly remove the www.
  • Ahmad sani
    So, I decided to create a site but I decided a website name is www.educlassblog.com and is it correct? and can I use it to create with it to create a website and can you help me to buy a hostinger
  • Ahmad sani
    So, I decided to create a site but I decided a website name is www.educlassblog.com and is it correct? and can I use it to create with it to create a website and can you help me to buy a hostinger
  • Precious Agbontan
    I can help you buy a Hostinger Hosting Website and set it up for you, if you wish. But I Hope You Have MasterCard ATM card?

And according to your question, the website is correct.

Www. Educlassblog .com

And

Educlassblog . com

Are two different websites but kindly use

Educlassblog .com

And you will redirect www to it.

I hope you get?
  • Precious Agbontan
    I can help you buy a Hostinger Hosting Website and set it up for you, if you wish. But I Hope You Have MasterCard ATM card?

And according to your question, the website is correct.

Www. Educlassblog .com

And

Educlassblog . com

Are two different websites but kindly use

Educlassblog .com

And you will redirect www to it.

I hope you get?
  • Ahmad sani
    Am a learner sir, if I make a mistake through the tutorial therefore, pls! try to correct me sir. thank you
  • Ahmad sani
    I understood you well but i actually don't have Master card now but later I will go bank to collect it due to I have account, so, I choose the which you recommended me is Educlassblog.com
  • ThriverNet
    I want to create a WordPress blog. Just so I'm clear, are these the right steps
    Step 1. I download a WordPress software via wordpress.org.
    Step 2. After purchasing a Hostinger hosting plan, I'll then upload the already downloaded wordpress software I got from WordPress.org into my control panel and fill in my website details afterwards.

Question A : Do I have any need for Wordpress.com since Hostinger is hosting my blog?
    Question B : "URL – The URL where WordPress should be installed. If you want to install it on root domain name (example.com) then leave it empty."

I don't fully understand this, is this where I get to select my website's URL name, like if I want to use Thrivernet.com, is this where I should input it?
  • Precious Agbontan
    Sure. The tutorial is mainly for newbies. So, feel free to ask any question.
  • Precious Agbontan
    WordPress. com is a hosting provider, just like Hostinger. I recommend Hostinger because is cheaper than WordPress. com.

Hostinger features

It will give you free domain.
    It is cheaper.
    You will be given full control to your server.

WordPress.com hosting..

It will allow you to register but won't give you free domain which you buy for $10.
    They charge per year, which is up to $45. You can't pay for months.
    You need to upgrade to higher plan before you can theme on your site.
    You can't install all plugins on your site.

So, that's why I recommend Hostinger as your Hosting provider.

Question 2 Answer: Yea, leave it empty. WordPress will install on your main domain name. Which is your blog domain name.
  • Precious Agbontan
    WordPress. com is a hosting provider, just like Hostinger. I recommend Hostinger because is cheaper than WordPress. com.

Hostinger features

• It will give you free domain.
    • It is cheaper, just $0.80 per month.
    • You will be given full control to your server.

WordPress.com hosting..

• It will allow you to register but won't give you free domain which you will be required to buy for $10.
    • They charge per year, which is up to $45 per year. You can't pay for months.
    • You need to upgrade to a higher plan before you can use theme on your site.
    • You can't install all plugins on your site.

So, that's why I recommend Hostinger as your Hosting provider.

Question 2 Answer: Yea, leave it empty. WordPress would be installed on your main domain name. Which is your blog domain name.
  • Ahmad sani
    yjp0cili3eq3sldx.png
    Sir, Can I use premium shared web for hostinger hosting and I don't understand this total amount of $239.16??..
  • Precious Agbontan
    No, kindly use from $0.80 basic shared hosting.
  • Ahmad sani
    Okay sir, thank you
  • Yusafza
    Good afternoon.
    While creating a blog with blogger, while setting the address must we include .blogspot.com
  • Precious Agbontan
    Just insert your domain name.

Blogspot will automatically be added
  • Tony Bassey
    Hmmm..I Wonder How U Got To Know All This Tech Stuff..Really impresive tutorial!!..thanks A LOT
  • Yomsondan
    Choosing wordpress. org, how will go about it, I think u only explain on wordpress. com where there s an hostinger who will help to manage it.
  • Yomsondan
    Have also download the wordpress, but when I opened it, all the pop up options inside it ain't open. please I need help on this
  • Yomsondan
    How do go about hosting the software by myself.
  • Precious Agbontan
    You can't host the software by yourself. You need a company to do it for you.

Hostinger is the company that can help you. Follow the hostinger link in the article and buy the plan.

Then, host the WordPress software there.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Newsprex Forum!

Newsprex is an online Global Community Forum where you can start your discussion on latest happenings around the world, but mainly focus in Nigeria. Entertainment, Business, Education, Fashion, Technology, Religion, Politics, Relationship, and Sports. Moreover, you are "FREE" to start discussions for others to contribute and share their experiences.